How is it that the 7 year olds can take the public bus but I cant? It would be easier for me to figure out how to work a rocket then it is to figure out what bus I should get on.
Monday was my fist day of school. I took the bus with my host dad there so it was fine. Coming home was the hard part. Since I have a different schedule every day I have to take different bus numbers at different times. It's so confusing. And since there are more then one number of every bus I have to make sure it's going in the right direction. So anyway after school on monday I got on the bus to go to the station, I made it there with no trouble. The next bus from the station to my house didn't stop at my stop! I decided to got off at the next stop. It was a few min to the next stop I had no clue were I was, we were no longer in the city. Apparently I crossed the forest and ended up in some little village. I called my host mom so she could come get me. While I was standing there waiting I noticed there were chickens running around, roosters crowing, dogs barking, run down buildings and not a person in sight. Hope I never end up there again. Finally my host mom got there I was so embarrassed and felt so bad she had to drive all the way to come get me! But she didn't mind. She told me next time to push the stop button, but I didn't even notice one. But other wise my first day of school was great! All of my teachers seem okay and most of them speak at least a little English.
Tuesday morning I got up and told myself I wouldn't make the same mistake. I got to to the bus stop and got on the bus...It was the right one!!! I went to the station and got on my next bus. Well I thought it was my next bus until I saw the sing that we were leaving the city limits....oooppsss....Once I was the only one left on the bus I realized I better go talk to the driver. Since I don't speak French it was more like hand motions head nodding and pointing at maps and times. Turns out I was on the right bus number just not going the right direction. He told me he has to loop back and he would end up where I needed to go it would just take a while. So I stayed on the bus for about an hour. Old men with baguettes kept getting on the bus with me, it was so strange I just wanted to take a picture of all the old men holding there baguettes. Anyway finally I ended up at school only about a minute late to my only class of the day, gym. After gym I got back on the bus. I made it to the station and got on my next bus. This time I knew id make it home because I knew there was a stop button to push. Well turns out im not blind there really is not stop button on that bus. So right before We got to my stop I had to go up and talk to the driver. He said he would stop there for me after a while of me trying to explain which stop I wanted to get off at. So I mad home in one piece.
Today everything went okay. I guess since my bus home doesn't have a stop button ill just have to tell the driver where I need to get off. Hopefully my public bus skills are improving and I wont get lost or have trouble a least for a few days.
Transportation can be a bugger anytime to you travel- but it eventually all gets worked out. You just have to not get worked up and anxious till it does! Sounds like you are taking it in stride, like enjoying the old men and banquettes- That is just so French btw- it makes it a bit easier.
ReplyDeleteLove you and praying the bus rides get better each day!
you are truely amazing kota haha but im glad you finally got home! :)
ReplyDeletebtw this is abbie so your not creeped out
ReplyDelete